Saturday, February 20, 2010

so you want to know why I do this??


So today was spent going through a lot of items that are about to list. Its always nice when a good friend or two joins you to make the day go by faster. However 9 kids running circles around us seemed to distract us from staying focused long enough to finish a thought but hey we are MOMMA's and very much use to it. It's funny how when talking to fellow Moms in action, how we always seem to compare and contrast our kids, ups, downs, loss, the "me toos" and I don't do that or this. It doesn't matter what type of mood we are in before, seeing a friend that you know just understands you, you always seem to feel better after talking with them. Just having someone else say "yes I've for sure been there and for sure done that" can be a deal breaker for a good day vs. a difficult one. A lot of people once they see all of the work that goes into an ebay type of business and children's consignment ask me "how do you do this? It must drive you crazy having to do this out of your house at times." Sure I would love to not mix home and business as far as space goes but at the same I time I have found a way I can be home with my kids, teach them some fun things in the process, and at the same time connect with others doing marketing which is something I have enjoyed since my first marketing course at college. There are days where I miss the office of course and for the ease of knowing exactly what my day was going to look like but I've always been a live in the moment kind of person and so far have enjoyed the road of having my own business. What started as selling a few things here and there has now turned into something that literally could keep me busy all day if I allowed it to but hey there is no way my 3 or 1 year old girls will go for that although they do love getting to go through the endless amounts of shoes and pretty dresses! So why you might ask? Well  I have always loved a good deal and think that maybe that is why I enjoy consignment in the first place. The thrill of the hunt per say. I bring others in connection with others that ultimatley help both parties involved rather it be through the internet, ebay, selling out of my home directly with my personal clients, or a number of other ways..but it is neat to think of all the money I'm either saving someone or earning someone that in return is helping another family. I guess that is how I sort through hundreds and hundreds of items after a long day at home with the kids. My personality has always been if I'm going to do something I'm going to do it 100%. Thats my soap box for today so I guess I can move on to working on getting my house put back together after a full day of playing store with two sweet dear friends, only when we were little I'm sure having a total of  10 kids running circles around us in our minds looked much much different.

No comments:

Post a Comment